Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Bourgeois Hypocrisy

Reading "God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater," only five pages in I find that Mr. Vonnegut has not only hit the nail straight on the head, but he's driven that bitch all the way through the board. And I quote, "E pluribus unum is surely an ironic motto to inscribe on the currency of this Utopia gone bust, for every grotesquely rich American represents property, privileges, and pleasures that have been denied the many." This book was written in 1965 and this tiny piece of a much larger work seems to echo indefinitely through the sunken valleys of current times. This denial is no accident. It is the work of the powerful upon the powerless. It is for the purpose of having control over the horde of voting barbarians.

When will we choose to discontinue this cycle of terrorism.

When will we stand up and take action against the depression, oppression, and suppression inflicted upon other people.

When will we take action to stop the suffering of humanity, to stop the muffling of the voices of the world's citizens, to stop the buffering of military prominence that is only used to gain standing among all of these modern mongol nations.

But who am I, a middle class white American, to speak of the suffering of people? I am a person who knows nothing of the suffering of people, one who has and probably will never experience true strife.

But I am a true observer.
I am a radical.
I am a realist.
I am a revolutionary.

I am everything, I am the future.
Hopefully.....

5 comments:

Marshall Fletcher said...

You left out that you are the SHIT.

Do you mean God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater? or is there a Goldwater out there that I don't know about and NEED to know about?

amelia said...

This is brilliant.

Marshall Fletcher said...

POST, you head-petter.

I need inspiration.

Sarah said...

jake is SUCH a head-petter

Eric Austin said...

Yes! Fuck the rich! Lets do it. I'll be castro. You can be Che. Or vice-versa. Sounds like a plan.